Sunday, August 23, 2009

sixty seconds

The day could not have been more usual than that, probably because, behind the scenes the most eventful moment of the day was in the forming stage that the day kept its normalcy to make the most out of that.

The red stop light ahead was like giving a chance to do an afterthought to the snarling journey, and since got used to such situations it was just another wavering mind which looked around with out any particular reason.The curious looking eyes on my left caught my aimlessly wandering eyes for a moment, the thought of looking back again never came to my mind until I realize the fact after some time, in fact we created a bonding between each other in a couple of seconds.

Reasons when fail to bring togetherness, unknown the reason why there existed an air of comfort in the humid heat. Regardless of the fact that, sooner than later the inevitable parting that awaited in the form of green light counting seconds, prominent was the effort from either side to sustain the momentariness.

In the flowing river, little are the chances that we get to know the right person beside us, and lucky are those who realize and grab those chances. Just when you know that you are in the right path, turbulence inherent with in pops up playing its part too well questioning the very instinct.

The tender hands waved at me in talking to convey the little wonders that she has seen so far; pretending to understand the language, I responded back with earnestness not to disappoint the excitement she has shown to the friend she has just made a minute back. Restrained in the baby seat when those tender hands reached outside and told me to look up, even though I knew, I made my earnest effort to look up and wish to see a wonder that I have not ever seen in my journey so far.

Tied with the social stigma the effort to make the conversation better almost failed miserably from my part even though I wonder if the little consciousness could understand that. With out a blink I listened to the message the fluttering eye lashes tried to convey.

Moments exciting or depressing would pass with out waiting, I wonder how she learned this with the little experience she had so far, she knew that the friendship with a total stranger on the car beside, in a stop light would not last forever, we would not see each other ever, even if we see each other we would not recognize.

When those little hands hurriedly waved at me saying good bye, I saw a concern in those angelic eyes, I waved back with the same concern, and a failed attempt to make a smile, her image blurred in front of my eyes.

Just like life takes sharp turns leaving no trails, she was driven down the turn and disappeared, but not from me, I knew I would remember those sixty seconds with every beat in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Jeboy! this is so intense! Terrific stuff.
    "Tied with the social stigma the effort to make the conversation better almost failed miserably from my part even though I wonder if the little consciousness could understand that. ".. i am totally bowled by this line. so profound..
    the stage is set.. you have proved you have got the light, the actors, the technique, the skills.. i am waiting for that classic from you anyday....
    once again.. absolutely well written.. i feel myself too little to appreciate this work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little are the chances that we get to know the right person beside us, and lucky are those who realize and grab those chances. Well said jeboys...well said...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, this is awesome. So deep felt, so intense and every sentence in itself conveys the very urge that lingers somewhere deep within us and then we tend to suppress it, still hoping for something to come true....wow this stuff is cool and hats off to you jeboy....i'm short of words to appreciate you. well written...Rajesh

    ReplyDelete